10.21.2008

Q3 Music Report (abbreviated)

I've had my list of favorite Q3 albums ready for a couple of weeks now, but I kept putting off writing a blog entry... so, I'm just going to go ahead and post it in an abbreviated format. Since most of these albums will undoubtedly be included in my forthcoming Top-10 of 2008 post, I'll write about them in more detail there.

Fleet Foxes

Highlights:
Blue Ridge Mountains. My parents tell me that before I could form complete sentences, I could put records on the turntable. My favorite song was Sailing by Christopher Cross. This song reminds me of Sailing, and listening to it makes me alternately happy and sad. Nostalgia is a strange thing.

TV on the Radio - Dear Science
If Dear Science were a Roots album, it would probably be Phrenology. I'm not sure why I just chose to relate TVotR to the Roots. Maybe it's like how every white wide receiver gets compared to Ed McCaffrey.

Highlights:
Halfway Home.
DLZ.

The War on Drugs - Wagonwheel Blues

Highlights:
Buenos Aires Beach, and the way it transitions into There is no Urgency.
Show Me the Coast. I am a sucker for 10+ minute songs. Always.


Honorable Mentions:
The Walkmen - You and Me
Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago

1 comment:

The Idiot Fan said...

There'll never be another Easy Ed McCaffrey